Chief of Staff / Studio Director
[1 position open]
TOD is going through a set of exciting and transformational circumstances: not only are we doing some consistently good work in the space of branding and packaging, we are now delving into developing content and being more strategically involved with our clients. We are primed for an exciting transformation both internally and externally, and are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial organizational level leader who can provide executional oversight and support as well as strategic direction. This role is for someone who wants to work directly with our founder, is passionate about our vision, and wants a front row seat to how brands are built in India. The ideal candidate will ensure that TOD succeeds both in the short- and long-term.
- Directly work with our founder to determine the TOD’s short term/ medium term/long term priorities like brand & product portfolio
- Maximize productivity & overall bandwidth (team management, evaluating high-profile business development opportunities, meeting preparation and follow-ups)
- Build customer centricity in each and every decision, brief, and product
Business Execution, Systemic Review, and Managing Change
Provide operational support (shadow founder’s critical meetings, manage schedule, and drive key priorities)
Optimize current processes and help develop a streamlined, performance oriented culture
Enforce financial oversight, prudence, and tracking
Manage internal and external communications
- Support business development meeting preparation and follow-ups
- Strengthen leadership/talent pipeline for TOD
- Maintain and build a positive environment within the team, inline with the studios’ culture.
- Take the lead on setting up all-hands meetings and track team performance on an ongoing basis.
- Enable our founder to make the most of her time by organising things efficiently and seamlessly with internal and external stakeholders.
- 3+ years in a managerial or creative role, overseeing a small to medium sized team.
- Demonstrated experience in a day-to-day executional and/or managerial role
- Ability to create standardized, consistent processes to support overall strategic vision
- Proven experience collaborating with creatives (designers, animators, photographers, artists, film makers)
- Effective, versatile, and action-oriented
- Desire to understand how to build, run, and grow a creative business
- Ability to represent the TOD brand and ethos in all interactions, internally and externally
- Self-driven: can take the lead on setting and achieving goals, doesn’t wait for ‘tasks’ to move into action.
- Ability to build, manage, and own strategic relationships in the industry (clients, partners, vendors, employees)
- Not reactive but steady and proactive with tenacity.
- Ability to assist with production and planning for photoshoots and content creation.